CACFP At-Risk Afterschool Meals Grant ProgramBack To Grants
Full Plates Full Potential is pleased to announce a funding opportunity for CACFP At-Risk Afterschool Sponsors looking to increase the number of meals served at open sites in their communities. We are looking to support innovative ideas or tried and true best practices to enhance At-Risk meal access by reimbursing costs not covered by the USDA.
March 2nd-April 1st
Grants range from
$250 - $5,000
For the following:
- Equipment needed to support opening new and/or operating sites (kitchen equipment, coolers, carts, tables, etc.)
- Outreach costs for enhanced marketing and advertising to eligible participants and their families
- Investing in enrichment activities that will generate strong participation interest within the community
- Transportation costs associated with serving multiple or mobile sites and/or with providing busing options for participants
- Staff time required to plan and prepare for the successful launch of new At Risk Afterschool meal sites (administrative time to complete the application process, time spent planning a reimbursable meal and/or snack cycle menu, development of attendance tracking procedures, filing systems, and staff trainings)
- Travel costs associated with learning about best practices by visiting existing CACFP At-Risk Afterschool sites throughout the state of Maine
- And more!
CACFP At-Risk Afterschool Meals:
Portland Public Schools
Afterschool meals are critical for children to learn, grow, and thrive. When kids get to afterschool programming, it’s been hours since they’ve had lunch. They are hungry. When schools don’t offer an afterschool meal program, kids often leave school with lunch being their last meal of the day….
Feed Kids CACFP Grants
new meals served
federal dollars unlocked
Questions or comments about our organization and what we do? We want to hear from you! Fill out our contact form with your name, email address, and message, and we’ll get back to you as soon as possible!
14 Maine Street
Brunswick, ME 04011