John T. Woods Innovation FundBack To Grants
The John T. Woods Innovation Fund supports school districts in piloting innovative strategies to increase participation in and access to meals served through child nutrition programs. Founded in memory of John T. Woods, co-founder of Full Plates Full Potential who always believed that child hunger in Maine is a solvable issue, this one-time funding opportunity is designed to support bold pilot projects looking to make a lasting impact in their communities.
As a chance for applicants to dream big and think outside of the box, this grant will fund larger investments ranging from $15,000-$30,000 per grantee. The process for this grant opportunity will be more competitive and will require significant engagement and collaboration from grantees throughout the grant period.
Strong proposals will present creative solutions to increase access to and participation in child nutrition programs. Priority will be given to proposals that offer solutions that could be scaled or replicated by other nutrition programs across Maine. We value equity and collaboration and will prioritize proposals that incorporate diverse voices and ideas, especially those of students, families, and traditionally marginalized communities.
- This grant opportunity is open to school districts and organizations operating, or working in collaboration with, USDA-funded nutrition programs, such as NSLP, SBP, CACFP At-Risk & SFSP
- Only one application per school administration unit or organization
Grants range from
$15,000 - $30,000
For the following:
- Funding expansion costs for new or existing sites, such as startup planning and labor, equipment, implementation of new meal service models, etc
- Sustainably addressing quality and composition of meals, including increasing procurement and use of local food
- Ensuring all students have access to meals and enough time to eat during the school day
- Implementing creative solutions to ensure school meal applications are completed and to increase participation in school meals
- Addressing a barrier unique to the district and its community
Questions or comments about our organization and what we do? We want to hear from you! Fill out our contact form with your name, email address, and message, and we’ll get back to you as soon as possible!
14 Maine Street
Brunswick, ME 04011