School Meals Celebration Week
Toolkit for Schools
Menu of ways to participate:
- Encourage all students, school administrators, teachers, and school staff to eat school lunch!
- Utilize the Local Foods Fund and serve some local Maine products
- Post on social media with the hashtag #SchoolMealsMatterToME (graphics below)
- Invite your students to draw their favorite lunch (template below)
- Invite your local legislator to lunch (customizable invitation below)
- Email families about this celebration of school meals (template below)
- Most importantly, have fun!
Social Media Graphics
Full Plates will be posting daily on social media during School Meals Celebration Week. We encourage you to share/repost our content, use the images below to create your own posts, and/or post photos of your own school nutrition team! Make sure to add the hashtag #SchoolMealsMatterToME in your caption so we see your posts.
Template: Draw your favorite lunch
Template: Invitation for local legislators
Invite your local legislator to lunch – they can join students for lunch, or even help prepare and serve lunch depending on your school’s Covid protocols
Ideas on who else to invite:
- Local “celebs”
- School Administrators
Template: Letter/email to families
Dear students and families,
October 24-28th, please join us in celebrating Maine’s historic law that will provide school meals at no cost to all students regardless of their family’s income. Maine is leading the nation, ensuring that no child goes hungry at school ever again.
Your student can take part in the celebration simply by eating lunch provided by school, especially on Try It Tuesday! Not only are school meals free, they are also healthy and follow strict nutritional guidelines. Check out what’s for lunch on our menu <insert link to menu & include any feature items like local Maine products>.
Eating school lunch helps bring extra federal funding into our school, and creates a sense of community when all students share a meal together.
Thank you for joining our celebration!